To be productive as a 2 carpenter crew, the right tools are vital. We've been using rebar tying guns for about 4 years now. @makitatools sent me this gun to review for @the_tools_show www.toolsofthetrade.net (just submitted the review)
This gun makes 3 ties/second. We placed 120 pcs of #4bar and made 600+ ties in under 2 hours at the end of the day in nearly 90° sunshine after packing 110 panels. 2 guys for the first hour to place the bar on the correct spacing, then I stayed to keep tying since I'm going camping on Friday 😊
What jumped out at me this time, is that though this tool is expensive, it is less expensive than a laborer. When you factor in workers comp, payroll taxes, safety training & ppe, etc, tools and equipment become much more financially efficient.
1 day ago
What’s your method for keeping your rebar spaced properly?
Here in the PNW, it is very common to tie in 24” J-hooks into the footing bar, then tie on longer verts for the wall height. Here we have 8’6” bar for walls that are about 8’ 11” tall. What Kyle is doing is marking the tops with paint then pulling 12” oc. We align the horizontal bar to the layout. This makes keeping the bar spaced properly easy. Then we take our horizontal bar, place in on the footing and paint at each vert. We set the bar close to the top and align the paint marks. This keeps the 12”oc spacing both ways and is very fast. .
#6363PioneerBuildersProject #rebar#concrete#concretelifestyle#basement#concretelife#buildersofinsta#ChippyLife#proudchippy #keepcraftalive#finehomebuilding #rebar
DTR180ZK - 18V Rebar Tying Tool
• Ultra fast tying – ties wire in about 0.95 of a second when tying D10 x D10 rebars with an 18V battery
• Large tying capacity – for tying up to 4 x D13 rebar at the same time
• Ergonomic design – with compact slime line design, central weight
distribution and ergonomically shaped handle with sure grip rubber
• Brushless* – main motor delivers a runtime of over 5,000 ties
* Based on 5.0Ah battery and subject to variation based on conditions, uses a secondary brushed motor
• 2 Mode operation – with single action mode for a tie with every trigger press or hold the trigger in continuous mode for rapid tying
• Easy load wire – in just 3 simple steps you can load a wire reel with approximately 120 ties
• On-tool hex wrench – supplied for maintenance of the tie wire path
• Adjustable tying strength – that can be adjusted in 6 stages to
optimise tension accordingly to the condition of the material
• XPT – eXtreme Protection Technology protects again
• New in store, come in check it out one really cool Tool
#makita #makitatools#makitaaustralia#makitapowertools#concrete#rebar#tiewire#construction#building#concreter#portmacquarie#2444#everytooleverytrade#getyourowntools#mytoolgetsthejobdone #we❤️tools