Over 1 million students and teachers went on strike and flooded the streets all over Brazil to protest against Bolsonaro's education cuts.⠀
Students defiantly chanted slogans like "there will be no cuts, there will be fight” and "Fora Bolsonaro" (Bolsonaro Out) in hundreds of towns and cities.⠀
The massive national protest marks the first large outpouring of discontent against Bolsonaro's far-right government since his inauguration in January.⠀
👯♀️👊🏼 *angry feminist mode has been activated*
Attacks on Roe v Wade are attacks on women’s rights.
• Lawmakers - especially male lawmakers - have absolutely zero right to tell women what to do with our bodies.
• Unwanted pregnancies decrease with more sex education and better access to birth control. But who wants to take away sex ed and access to birth control? Who wants to take away healthcare?Republicans. 🤔
• The maternal mortality rate in this country is INCREASING. Today, women are twice as likely to die from childbirth related complications as our mothers were. This statistic gets higher with women of color.
• If you don’t take action about our schoolchildren being shot or immigrant kids being separated from their families, you aren’t “pro life.” You’re not pro life if you don’t care about a life once it’s born - you’re a hypocrite.
• Are you anti-choice because of your religion? Freedom of religion is another American right, but America also has separation of Church and State - so you get to pray about those making a decision your religion is against, and don’t have an abortion if you don’t believe in it.
• You do not have the right to tell anyone else what to do with their bodies. That is between the individual and their doctor.
• I don’t even have time to get into how much this has to do with socioeconomics, racism, and various types of suppression.
• Keep your laws out of my body.
💛 Donate to @yellowfund + @plannedparenthood
👩🏼🎨 by @sauts
#prettywhiskey | www.prettywhiskey.com
💬 I shut off the comments for a bit because I was getting exhausted. This week has been exhausting and triggering. While there have been a lot of supportive, pro-choice comments, there’ve been some ignorant and inappropriate ones as well. I usually just delete negativity but I do think debate is important most of the time. The overwhelming majority of negative comments I get on feminist posts are from white teenage boys. Why is that? A horrible blend of toxic masculinity + white male privilege + immaturity? It’s like they seek feminism out to antagonize which is wild and kind of disturbing.
Soooooo gentrifiers have been attempting to take over DC, letting their dogs use the restroom on Howard’s campus, suggesting black folks and black institutions move out of the neighborhoods they have inhabited for over a century, muting area residents music, involving authorities- well Backyard Band (A DC area legendary gogo band @backyardband organized a peaceful protest on 14th and U Street today. If you know anything about that neighborhood- it’s a central location in the city. They shut it down!!!!!! I love this!!!!!! DC is STILL the Chocolate City!!!! Get down y’all, go head get down!!!!!! #protest#Moechella#DontmuteDC#chocolatecity#Oneofmyfaves#Forever
"Wir dekorieren auf der Titanic die Liegestühle um" –Philosoph Richard David Precht.
Unsere Gesellschaft steht vor großen Herausforderungen, denen die aktuelle Politik nicht (mehr) gerecht wird. Wie wollen wir in 10, 20 oder 30 Jahren in einer digitalisierten und globalisierten Welt miteinander leben?
Wir sehen das BGE als einen zentralen Baustein einer sozialen Zukunftsvision für alle. Jede Stimme dafür zeigt den etablierten Parteien, was sie tun müssen:
Das Bedingungslose Grundeinkommen beschließen und selbst wählbar machen!
Eine Stimme für das BGE ist konstruktiver Protest für eine soziale Zukunftsvision.
#deswegengrundeinkommen #europawahl#bedingungslosesgrundeinkommen#liste23#europa#2019#konstruktiv#protest#stimme #bündnisgrundeinkommen
This was one small area and we managed to pick up all of this. Lydia took it home for recycling.
Now SHARE SHARE SHARE, put this on your story, send it to your friends, this is just some of the damage that is being caused to our planet and it ends now. We are the kids, the voices of the future and we’re telling you to save our planet.
All afternoon the children have been chanting “stop Adani” I presumed it was because one of there sisters was carrying a sign to hang at school- well this led to an afternoon of imaginary role play (I think they believe that Adani is just a person) they drove to Queensland and wanted to go to Adani’s house to ask Adani why they are going to make the Great Barrier Reef “extinct” like the dinosaurs just like in the book- well Adani was then arrested and flown to America. #protest#chanting#theyareourfuture#futureleaders#stopadani#ourworld#savingourworld
21 hours ago
Stand with us to Save Sherwoods. Sign waving weekdays 4-6pm, or come on your own. Almost 15,000 signatures today. Everyday we gather more information of the real masterplan, and it's heartbreaking to our community and to nature. Sign the petition:
عسل محمدی احضار شد
#عسل_محمدی از احضار خود به دادگاه و محاکمه قریب الوقوع خود خبر داد.
عسل محمدی دانشجو و از اعضاء هیات تحریره نشریه گام که در جریان اعتصاب #هفت_تپه با اتهاماتی دستگیر شده بود، حالا دوباره به دادگاه احضار میشود تا محاکمه شود.
وی در توتیتر از احضار خود به دادگاه و محاکمه اعضای نشریه گام خبر داد و نوشت: "هفتهپیش رفقای (نشریه) گام بعلاوه سپیده (قلیان) و اسماعیل (بخشی) آخرین دفاعیاتشون رو در شعبه ۷ بازپرسی دادسرای مقدس ارائه دادن. دیروز هم من احضار شدم و آقای نجاتی هم باید ظرف ۵ روز آینده مراجعه کنه. علیرغم تعیین قرار وثیقه با مبالغ سنگین توسط بازپرس، بعلت مخالفت دادستان بچهها همچنان دربازداشت موقت هستند."