TGV are proud to inform you that BOMBSHELL has been nominated for several awards.
1. Best Performance by an Actress in Supporting Role in any Motion Picture – Margot Robbie
2. Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture (DRAMA) – Charlize Theron
Critic’s Choice Awards
1. Best Supporting Actress – Margot Robbie
2. Best Actress – Charlize Theron
3. Best Hair & Make Up - Bombshell
4. Best Acting Ensemble - Bombshell
Screen Actors Guild Awards
1. Outstanding Cast in a Motion Picture - Bombshell
2. Outstanding Female Actor in a Supporting Role – Nicole Kidman
3. Outstanding Female Actor in a Supporting Role – Margot Robbie
4. Outstanding Female Actor in a Leading Role – Charlize Theron
@bombshellmovie Another one to keep an eye out for in Jan.
Female employees at the controversial Fox News take on a toxic male culture, leading to the downfall of media mogul Roger Ailes.
Bombshell is a brilliantly paced drama based on the Roger Ailes Fox News Sexual harassment story, the details of which many of us in the UK might not be that aware of (I wasn’t), Charlize Theron and Nicole Kidman play whistleblowing Fox news journalists Megyn Kelly & Gretchen Carlson with Margot Robbie as Kayla Pospisil, a fictionalized character who is an amalgamation of numerous women at Fox News. They’re all great in it, along with the sturdy supporting cast that includes the brilliant John Lithgow as Roger Ailes. Theron has already been nominated for @goldenglobes & @sagawards and will no doubt be an Oscar contender for her portrayal of Megyn Kelly. Her face does take some getting used to though as she’s almost unrecognisable after being made to look like Kelly. The narrative style of this film is engaging and entertaining in a way that was a surprise considering the subject, no doubt partly down to director Jay Roach, mainly known for his comedy work inc Austin Powers & Meet the Parents. Also reminded me of the interesting narrative styles of A Futile and Stupid Gesture and The Laundromat on Netflix, both worth checking out.
Dir: Jay Roach
Out: Jan 24th