I said it before and I'll say it again: kindness is the best medicine ♥️ Here are this week's random acts of kindness:
1. I saw this idea on @upworthy and knew I HAD to recreate it. I left a blanket with this note on a bench in a local park where I have seen several homeless people throughout the year. I hope that it can help provide the recipient with a little warmth this season.
2. Henry and I "candy cane bombed" a parking lot. I bought a box of 60 mini candy canes and we were able to give them ALL out!! Henry helped stick all of the candy canes on the printables (you know they're a freebie on the blog of you want them!😉) and LOVED helping put them on cars. This is a great one to do with your kids.
3. I made a few stockings for the homeless. My plan with these is to hand them out if I see someone on the street asking for money. You may have heard of "blessing bags"-this is the same idea, just in a stocking. They are in my car ready to be given out when I see a need!
4. We sent some snail mail, "just because." I saw the idea to mail a hug from @theleangreenbean and thought it was so cute, so we sent a hug to his grandma and grandpa. Just trace your child, let them color it, cut it out and send it on its way!
5. We made DIY dog toys to donate to the humane society! (more on this in my "kindness" highlight, if you missed it!)
That is all for this week! If you're looking for more ideas, check out my blog (Kindness for Kids post) or click the hashtag #kindnessforkids or #spreadjoysaturday Please tag me if you try any of the ideas, I would LOVE to see them (that is the sole reason I share them! 🙂)
1 day ago
✨You are amazing
✨You are kind
✨You are love and light therefore you radiate love and light into the world
🥰Make your relationship with your cute self a priority
#Regram via @soolooka
#anxietysupport #anxietyrecovery #cptsd#overwhelmed #mentalhealthwarrior
Double Tap if you can relate! ❤️ It's SO much easier to dish out advice than eat our own words. It can even be useful to motivate yourself for change. But the reality is, even the wisest of words won't have the impact you seek unless you KNOW what it means to make that change for yourself! So, instead of having to tell the world all these wonderful things that could happen to them if they shifted their mindset, give it a go and SHOW the world instead. YoU gOt ThIs! 💪 @HowMental ~ The Mental Movement ~ is here to help you take care of the most important part of you: Your Mind. 😇 The journey will never be easy, but together we can make sure you get to just the right destination! Follow @HowMental Now and Join The Family! ✨
🚪 When one door closes, Another door opens... *
It's not choosing to regret the past or to wish to shut the door on it.
It's about accepting what is and being present with what's left and who you are to your core!
Be the best version you can ✨
Photo cred: @elle.gulledge.photography
As a fitness brand, we exist to promote a healthy and positive lifestyle for all; but as a Christian brand, we exist to promote love and compassion for all. This company was not only created to sell workout/athleisure apparel and accessories, but also to go out and make a difference in the world 🌎 We do this through monthly volunteering with the help of our HP+ PROs 💪
The PRO Initiative (People Reaching Out) is an ambassador program from Higher Power, that offers benefits and monetary compensation for its participants, as well as community wellness and volunteer opportunities. More than just being a representative, Higher Power PROs commit to contributing to the betterment of the communities around them.
A huge thank you to all of our ambassadors for their continued support for this company 🙏 For more information on our brand and what we are about, please visit https://hpfapparel.com/pages/who-we-are 🖱️
2 hours ago
Do you set #goals in your #photographybusiness? When it comes to Goals.... risk is required.
Sometimes we don't set goals because we don't think about, because we're lazy or because we "don't have the time."
💣But I believe that most of the time, we don't set goals because we are scared we will fail. 💣
But goals are an IMPORTANT part of our businesses. But did you know that there is a RIGHT way and a WRONG way to set goals? Stay tuned because I just recorded a BRAND NEW VIDEO that i'll be dropping soon ALLLL about it!
Do you set goals? If so, tell me one, if not... tell me why not! 👇
What a beautiful way to wrap up this trunk show season! Thank you Leyburn Skonberg for hosting us in your beautiful home. Thank you Emily Clithero Kikuchi for introducing us. There’s magic in the air, my friends. Grateful to bring women together in community- through the good & bad, a positive, supportive network of friends is everything! ❤️🎄🥂