Avoid heavy penalties by simply downloading an application and never get stopped by Vadodara Traffic Police again
The Indian Government recently announced the Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Act, 2019, that shook the lives of regular motorists with regular penalties going up to Rs. 5000.
With the Indian Government going digital on almost every front, you can now avoid these hefty fines with just two applications. DigiLocker and mParivahan are the two Government approved applications that are free to download on every Android and iOS systems. These applications can store authentic digital copies of all your documents, including your driver’s license and R.C. books.
If you are a motorist, then this is probably a life hack for your routine travelling as this app allows you to carry all the required documents without having the need to carry physical copies at all times. However, carrying a photo or a scanned copy of your documents on the phone will not be accepted.
That said, here is a ‘how-to’ guide to setup a DigiLocker account and stock all your important documents in one place:
1. Download DigiLocker/mParivahan from Google Play Store for Android users or App Store for iOS users.
2. Sign-Up by entering your mobile number and generating OTP.
3. Set up your Username and Password. This will create your account on DigiLocker.
4. Verify your Aadhar Card by generating OTP.
5. Click on the ‘Issued’ tab to download all your documents linked to your Aadhar Card and store on the App.
6. You can also manually upload the documents under the ‘Uploaded’ tab by manually entering identification numbers.
7. Show all your documents if you are ever stopped by the Traffic Police.
These applications are recognized under the amended Motor Vehicles Act to store vehicle documents digitally and are also accepted by the Traffic Police across the country.