if i did a fan project (kinda) for bham who would wanna join?
1 hour ago
The secret to our shimmer? ✨It’s MICA, a beautiful and safe ingredient, but the industry is known to have a supply chain that’s often unethical. - • Mica is a globally sourced mineral that is used in many of our day-to-day products—from automotive paints, to electronics, to beauty products.
• This mineral is used for the base of many color cosmetics and also can create a shimmer effect in pressed powders, lip glosses, and lipsticks. In short, if you’re making cosmetics, you need mica.
• Mica is a clean, safe ingredient. However, it is shady supply chains, including issues such as: child labor, wage theft, corruption, and forced labor. -
What we’re doing about it....
• To address these issues, Beautycounter is pushing for unprecedented transparency in our mica supply chain. We’re on track to visit every single mine (around the world) where our mica is sourced by the end of 2020. When we see the mines firsthand, we can work with suppliers to uphold our rigorous responsible sourcing standards.
• By the end of 2020, we will have visited (in-person) all of our mica mines for future formula development, leading the way towards full transparency in our global mica supply chain. -
Our team spent over a year traveling the world conducting on-the-ground audits of our mica sources—and we’re exposing the truth. Want to get involved? Take action:
1. Share our mica documentary.
2. Shop brands that are working to eradicate child labor.
3. Text MICA to 52886 to ask our government leaders to act.
Vote for Slade Land Use, Environmental and Transportation Planning, LLC to win $50,000 from FedEx Small Business Grant Contest today! - https://mailchi.mp/whatshappeningbham/slade50kfedexwhb …pic.twitter.com/UDBRtJ7yTg
also it's wild how the places with the most marginalized communities seem to have the highest crime rates
I've been told not to move to Birmingham for this very reason.
Sure, Bham has the most crime. But they also have the highest POC population in Alabama
20m20 minutes ago
We charge the same price no matter when you phone us – whether it's 3pm, 3am, weekdays, weekends or Bank Holidays.pic.twitter.com/Uwa9EpInJk
Just posted a photo https://www.instagram.com/p/B8rRzAslnwN/?igshid=16ne6dh71ej6j …
2 hours ago
We thought we’d try something a bit different and put together a short video to introduce you to the people behind the fantastic, independent and family-run @la_pop_edgbaston
Let us know what you think 👍🏼
Strawberry Champagne Layer Cake!! Layered with champagne cake, champagne buttercream, house- made strawberry preserves, and lemon Oreo crumb- topped with gold sprinkles!! Ow ow! 🙌🏼❤️ order at daughtersbaking.com or by emailing us at [email protected]! Hope everyone has a great Monday 😁❤️ #daughters#daughtersbaking#cake#cakes#bham#bhameats
Don't miss the huge savings on our end of season sale items! President's Day is the last day to shop our Buy More Get More Sale! Also shop our newest arrivals to help you transition into Spring! #lovedearpru#dearprushops
Exotic organic vanilla beans make this rich, indulgent Cashewmilk Yogurt distinctly dessert-worthy.
What is Forager Project?
Forager Project is a family-owned and operated organic food company, and we’ve been crafting our plant-based foods in California since 2013. We believe that the food we eat is as important as the air we breathe, so our mission is to improve human and planet health by making organic, plant-based whole foods.
We source our organic, sustainably-grown ingredients thoughtfully. We create our foods with a small team of artisans at our own facility in Indio, California. And we’re always seeking ways to make our product taste delicious and have a positive impact on the world.
“We believe good food choices matter for you and the planet, and so we built our own creamery to our high standards so we could make exceptional plant-based, dairy-free foods. We are ever curious, ever searching, ever questioning.”
Today, we honor the great men who have led our nation. Through hardship and prosperity, their strength has provided us freedom and comfort. Happy Presidents' Day from Capitol Chevrolet!
6m6 minutes ago
Had a read of our latest talk BWC yet? If not, download your copy from our website. It has details on joining our volunteering team, the £2million target being reached for our Critical Journeys Appeal and our recent visit from HRH The Duchess of Cornwall. http://socsi.in/T6mlO pic.twitter.com/o8E1k2JxlB