Reasons I enjoyed The Lilac Girls by @marthahallkelly :
1. This novel successfully and elegantly pulled off a rare feat: it displayed a full and epic panorama of WW2 while still intimately following the lives of three women.
2. The story is full of acts of courage and strength, and these acts are all the stronger for being based on a real story.
3. The novel raises important points about power, prejudice, and privilege, and the scars that are accumulated after the war ends.
4. The novel highlights the often unspoken about concentration camp of Ravenbruck and the horrific experiments that occurred there.
5. The novel expertly explores women’s roles in the war by following three vastly different women: a privileged American who attempts to help French orphans during the war, a member of the Polish resistance who loses everything to the Germans, and a German doctor who is willing to sacrifice her morals for the sake of money and prestige. 🌷
Well-researched and compelling, The Lilac Girls is the perfect read for fans of The Nightingale and All the Light We Cannot See. 🌷
Turns out , when that Big love comes along ,it’s not always easy . And despite all the other chapters of my life , no one was able to even hold my attention until .... you came along...the love of mylife ..#husband #marriage#love#basedonatruestory
9 hours ago
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION:
This character is based off of my fiance, a man who's life hasn't been the easiest. If you followed my first attempt, you'll know that I was mixing influences to keep from exposing too much; I've learned, briefly, about how easily that drains my muse. I'm making an effort to stay as true to my main muse as I can, still only touching up minor things. This is a story based on truth. Welcome to the world of "Roman". #ooc#openrp#basedonatruestory#roleplay#literaterp#newopenrp