Night School is a free 8-week programme by Yellowzine and our partner The Brooklyn Brothers. As part of our movement for the progression of Afro-Caribbean and Asian diaspora creatives in the UK 💛 The programme will cover core skills needed to enter and succeed in the creative industry, including (but not limited to) design, copywriting, strategy and production. No CV needed, just let us know your passions! Deadline to apply is the 7th of June so get on it 🙌🏿🙌🏽 link in bio .
Photographer - @d_kakembo
Models - @nikoriam + @mounafadiga
Image featured in our Issue 2
Bottoms up! We worked with the good folks over at adam&eveDBB and Halifax on this lovely 3D series featuring one very fanciful flamingo! Read about the project now—https://animade.tv/work/halifax.
- Right! The contact lens brief.
- yeah, so we’re really pleased with where we’ve got to.
- Yeah so, it’s summer, people wear less clothes, feeling a bit sexy, more skin on display yeah?
- And glasses are kind of like clothes for your face...
- Um ok, sure...
- So we were thinking ‘go naked this summer’. Cos wearing contacts is like taking the clothes off your face. And it’s a compelling line. People will read it.
- yeah, ok...
- So art direction... we think we should have beautiful close up shots of people’s bare faces and shoulders. No make up, nothing. Really arresting. Faces unspoiled by glasses.
- Guys, you know what, this is great. Love it. I’ll go back to the client and we’ll see where we get to.
[1 wk later]
- Well, they love it!
- No! No. No buts. They love it. ... But they did wonder if we could make the ad a bit sexier?
- sexier than ‘get naked’?
- well, yeah
- Um, ok... How?
- Well - and they loved the close ups, honestly - just they’ve got some pretty compelling research from the 80s which says that, apparently, sex sells...
- so they wondered if we could show two people. Keep it classy, tho, you know; like a line drawing or something. Real pared back. Almost like the drawing is naked!
- But how will a line drawing of two naked people do contact lenses?
- Um, maybe one of them could be holding glasses?
- So they’re not wearing contact lenses?
- Well, no
- And they’re getting laid already?
- Well, yes
- So why do they need the lenses?
14 hours ago
Happy World Emoji Day! 📅 (yup, it's a thing... 😜 )