I was taking care of my nieces (8, 6 and 4 years old)
and they wanted to see The Lion Guard. When the episode ended, they put My Little Pony. I had already seen these series, because I take care of my nieces 1 times every 2 weeks and notice several similarities between the two series.
1) The protagonists get the task of taking care of their home from any threat.
2) The protagonists have a team made up of their friends and despite the differences, they never separate.
3) TLG: Kion is a Prince.
MLP: Twilight becomes a Princess
4) Both find their lover in a place away from home.
5) Where they live, there is a Tree with powers that care for or help everyone.
6) Some of the power of the protagonists comes from this tree.
7) TLG: at the end of the series, Kion becomes King.
MLP: at the end of the series, Twilight becomes the High Rank Princess (similar to a Queen)
If I am wrong in something that I have written here, tell me, since I have never seen these series, because I only see them when I am with my nieces
Who's better for you?