—🥵 Achtung Hitzewelle 🥵— Auch an #rockyhorror freien Tagen gibt es viel zu tun.
Die Proben für #shakespeareinlove sind in vollem Gange!
Bei Temperaturen über 30 Grad und starker Sonneneinstrahlung sind mein Sonnenhut und eine fette Schicht Sonnencreme meine ständigen Begleiter.
Ich hoffe, auch ihr genießt den Sommer. ☀️ Aber vergesst bitte nicht, euch vor der Sonne zu schützen und viel Wasser zu trinken. 💧
Happy Birthday Rocky Horror! Tonight our show at the @bristolhipp is dedicated to all of the performers and crew who have worked on this show over the last 46 years!
6 days ago
Doing some brainstorming on how to attack the Rocky Horror Picture Show poster I want to make, and in the process drew these guys. Not sure if they will make it into the final piece, but fun to draw nonetheless :) Did anyone recognise where they were from without reading the text first?
Movie list inspired by @lady_luxury93 and her #ambernicoles5favoritefilmsofthemonth. Check her out.
1. Moonlight— Chiron story is told in three parts from child to teen to man. It tells his tragic upbringing from his drug addict mother to kids bullying him throughout life. A couple takes him in and guide him as he matures. I love this movie because it shows how Chiron goes from being the victim to becoming in control of his life. This movie is a tear jerker and I love it because I have a love for tragedies.
2. Love,Simon— Simon is just your average in the closet gay teen. He does everything a high school kid would do- coffee runs, tough classes, and even being a douchebag to save himself. I love this movie because his coming out story hits close to home for me. Simon is a flawed character. You hate him and forgive him along with his friends.
3. Carol— A movie about forbidden love set in the 1950s. Two women meet at a shop by chance. There’s divorce, a romantic cross country trip, and child custody battles. I need Carol’s gaydar. I like this movie because I like how it touches on how our own happiness is more important than what others think of us.
4. Alex Strangelove— A cute story about high school sweethearts go through high school together. Their relationship is tested when their relationship goes from first base to home plate. I really enjoyed how supportive the characters are of each other in this movie.
5. The Rocky Horror Picture Show—A cult classic and an awakening. Who doesn’t love Tim Curry?
"Don't dream it. Be it." - Dr. Frank N. Furter, The Rocky Horror Show 👄👄👄
Search us on Facebook, YouTube or Google to see all the fun acts and entertainment who are consistently making events and occasions fun on a daily basis. Do not miss out, you can enquire on our social media pages, website or call us on 01253 351100. 🎈🎈🎈
There are moments in your life when you really have to pinch yourself to believe them, meeting and socialising with the beautiful Duncan James after his triumphant opening in The Rocky Horror Show in Blackpool with my beautiful friend Anna-lisa Maree has to be one of them .#blackpool #rockyhorror#amazing#ukdrag#friends
8 hours ago
신선함과 불편함 그 중간에 위치해 있는 건 어려운 일이라고 생각한다. 그 어려운 일을 뮤지컬로 풀어냈다는 것이 록키호러쇼의 매력이었다. 19금 타이틀에 맞게 발칙하고 쾌활한 뮤지컬이었던 록키호러쇼는 우리가 말하기 꺼려하는 주제들을 다룸에 묘미가 있는 것 같다. 컬트문화를 대표한다는 점, 하위문화를 말하고 있다는 점에서 큰 의의가 있지만 뮤지컬을 보는 동안 아쉬웠던 점도 따른다.
먼저 음향의 소리가 너무 커 남자주인공과 여자주인공의 노래 소리를 듣기 힘들었다는 점이다. 더불어 노래소리와 함께 솔직히 가사를 알아듣기 힘들었다.친구와 함께 귀를 쫑긋하며 들을려는데 가사를 아예 들을 수 없어 중간 내용을 이해하는데 어려움을 겪었다.
내가 내린 록키호러쇼의 뮤지컬의 한줄은 - 욕망을 따라가는데 도덕성이 필요하는가에 대한 물음증
8 hours ago
For Pride month, we’re sharing how Rocky Horror and Pride intersect in our lives. Here’s Sheila’s story:
"I consider myself very lucky to have joined The Well-Hung Speakers when I moved back to New Orleans. The cast was the first friend group I had in which I wasn’t the only queer person. I’d always loved theater and The Rocky Horror Picture Show, but it wasn’t until I began performing with the cast that I felt I could truly express myself on and off-stage. I’m grateful for the friends I’ve made, the confidence I’ve gained, and the family I’ve chosen. Rocky Horror has paved the way for me during some truly difficult experiences, and I hope that any time I perform, I can be a positive example for other queer people in the audience."