Here are ten of my favorite players to draft this season in fantasy football. #fantasyfootball
12 hours ago
Preseason Week 2 continued yesterday with 5 games. Here is our daily recap of yesterday's most notable performances from fantasy-relevant players.
1. #TonyPollard- As another week without Elliott rolled through, Pollard looked the clear top RB in the Cowboys offense should Zeke hold out, putting up a very solid 42 yards and a TD off 5 carries and taking 1 catch for 9 yards. Once again, against a solid defense at that, the notion of any starting Cowboys RB always being a productive fantasy option seems valid.
2. #PatrickMahomes- Mahomes and the entire Chiefs offense looked cold, going 2/5 for a mere 11 yards in his two drives against the Steelers' 1's. Not a reason to panic over the Chiefs offense but you should still not even be considering Mahomes in the first 4 rounds with the depth and turnover at QB.
3. #DeshaunWatson- Watson looked very sharp in his limited work, going 5/7 for 60 yards and a TD, once again showing an excellent rapport with DeAndre Hopkins. What comes as a more notable point was the very solid O-Line play, which will be a point to watch as it will play a key role in Watson's fantasy success.
4. #JamesWashington- Another lights out performance by Washington, who seems to have taken the lead in the competition for the WR2 role after a 78-yard game off 4 catches while Donte Moncrief had 1 catch for 1 yard and coincidently lost a fumble on the play. Week 3 should show who will start the season as the WR2.
5. #DelanieWalker- Walker looked solid, coming off his season-ending injury in 2018, and returned to his role as Mariota's security blanket, taking 2 receptions from the QB for 26 yards and a TD. A very sneaky pick with his consistent solid yearly production and ridiculously low ADP.
Pete Carroll says DK Metcalf needs knee surgery. #Seahawks planning it for Tuesday... David Moore has been the WR opposite of Lockett. Don’t waste a pick on Metcalf at this point!
DK Metcalf needs knee surgery! Per Pete Carroll .
Pete Carroll says he does not believe Metcalf will be out along time but this is still a cause for concern. More updates to come when I have them. Definitely something to monitor and keep your eyes on!
17 minutes ago
While many still have Mahomes as their top quarterback heading into 2019, Deshaun Watson could very easily become the top fantasy player by the end of the season.
Many forget the prolific season Watson was putting together in his rookie year. The kid put up 19 passing touchdowns and 2 rushing touchdowns in 6 and a half games played. Stat out a whole year, and you get 46 passing TD! That would’ve smashed the record Baker set this past year with 27. If fully healthy the whole rookie season, there wouldn’t have been a record for Mayfield. It would’ve been Watson’s.
This past season, Watson was the ONLY QB EVER to throw for 4,000 yards, throw 25 TD, rush for 500 yards, and run for 5 TD. He had five games of over 310 passing yards, 11 games of 30 or more rushing yards, and had 9 games where the Texans attempted at least 30 passes. The kid can ball! He even put up those stats with a terrible offensive line that led the league in sacks given up last year. Imagine if the O-Line improves this year and Watson’s able to throw with more time in the pocket.
The offense also added a catch-machine in Duke Johnson via trade this offseason. If you don’t think the Texans will throw, throw, and then throw some more this year, you’re wrong. They face one of the worst schedules when it comes to difficult opponents. They face the fifth toughest schedule in the NFL, facing the NFC South, AFC West, and playing the division winners of New England and Baltimore. To stay in games, Watson will have to throw the ball. He’s gonna put up huge numbers.
I’m telling you, don’t be surprised when Deshaun Watson finishes as the No. 1 overall player in fantasy this year. You watch. 📸
Vance McDonald will be one of Big Ben’s first 3 options in a @steelers offense that has attempted at least 580 passes in each of the last 6 seasons.
With TE Jesse James & WR Antonio Brown out of Pittsburgh, over 200 targets from last year’s team have been vacated. Vance finished as last year’s TE10 while losing work to other pass catchers.
In an expanded role for 2019, Vance should be a reliable fantasy starter on a weekly basis and has a high ceiling at a weak tight end position. I have @vancemcdonald89 ranked as my TE7 and is currently a steal late in drafts. If you can’t draft an elite tight end, taking McDonald late is probably your best bet.
No other position is deeper than the wideouts in this year's draft. In leagues with 3 WR slots, there shouldn't be any trouble to construct a nice receiving corp if you choose to hold off on positions like QB/TE. 𝙎𝙬𝙞𝙥𝙚 𝙇𝙀𝙁𝙏 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙩!
Each player is ultimately ranked by a combination of statistics, strength of schedule, surrounding offensive talent, advanced metrics, bust potential and of course what I feel in my jellies.
𝗤𝘂𝗶𝗰𝗸 𝗥𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗼𝘄𝗻 𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗧𝗼𝗽-𝟭𝟬:
1. Davante Adams - A-Rod's favorite target is about to get a lot more coming his way in 2019. Fun Fact: Adams worst game in 2018 (12.1 FPTS), through 16 games would still have finished as a WR1.
2. DeAndre Hopkins - Doesn't drop passes. Can catch balls in mid-air, between the legs while ordering dinner. Nuk is legit overall Top-6 Pick in any format.
3. Julio Jones - Jet seems to have traveled and found the fountain of youth in the offseason. Julio is a different kind of beast and just turned 30.
4. JuJu Smith-Schuster - The man, the myth, the legend. JuJu plays Fantasy on Sleeper too! He's going to eat with AB gone and James Washington stepping up.
5. Mike Evans - HC Arians has a way of bringing out the best in his players. Evans to me is capable of finishing Top-3 if everything pans out in Tampa.
6. Odell Beckham Jr. - Potential to easily be the Top Dawg this year if he remains healthy and continues to build a rapport with Mayfield.
7. Michael Thomas - Last year, the team started to throw less as the season progressed. Rinse and repeat in 2019.
8. Tyreek Hill - Cheetah × Mahomes = Big Time Plays!
9. Antonio Brown - I'm not drafting AB until he finds another magic helmet. Each day, he'll rank lower if he keeps up the antics.
10. T.Y. Hilton - Ghost is looking scary this offseason, that's no bueno for DBs. 👻
💬 Any feedback is always welcomed, that includes the sackless haters. During the regular season, rankings will be updated weekly and I'll have more details later on the platform it can be found on.